No Added Colours No Artificial Flavours No Preservatives New Zealand Made No Added Sugar
Theland is a brand of Milk New Zealand, a large farm group managing 29 farms in the North and South Island.
Address: Level 34 Vero Centre, 48 Shortland St, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
This product is 100% New Zealand made.
The milk is sourced from the pasture farmed, free ranging cows ( average of 2-3 cows per hectare ), situated in the Waikato Region of New Zealand.
Milking season in New Zealand begins from August and runs through to the end of the next May. Cows are typically milked twice per day from September to January, and once per day for the remainder of the season. There are selected farms where winter milk is collected in June and July.
The farms supplying fresh milk are organised to ensure 12 months continuous supply of milk, so the factory can deliver pasteurised milk daily.
• All milk supply farms have a Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) audited Risk Management Programme to ensure quality of milk is maintained;
• Health checks and tests are regularly undertaken on cows and their milk;
• Any infected or unhealthy animals are separated from the herd. Their milk is withheld until the animal is healthy;
• Water that comes into contact with the milking process is tested at an accredited laboratory to ensure safety;
• Milk is tested for harmful bacteria, chemical residues and contaminants at a recognised laboratory;
• Milk is cooled to 4-7 degrees Celsius and stored on the farm for less than a day to keep it fresh;
• Milk is picked up daily from the farm by tanker trucks and transported to the dairy factory;
• All tankers have a milk sampling system on board to check for quality and temperature;
Milk is not accepted by the dairy factory if the temperature, colour or flavour is not to the required specification.
The milk processing facilities are required to be registered for a Risk Management Programme as required by the Animal Products Act, 1999. Milk is transported from farms to the milk processing factory, which is situated in the Waikato region of the North Island in New Zealand. The factory is registered with MPI (ULI 9679) and with CNCA .
Once all laboratory tests are completed and passed, New Zealand's Ministry for Primary Industries issues a health certificate, making it eligible for export;
The bottled fresh milk is loaded into pallets that are individually stretch wrapped and have pallet barcodes attached front and back for traceability.
The airline companies ensure that the products are accompanied by all “export accompanied documents” that are required by the importing country, including:
• Customs documents
• Health certificates
• Certificates of analysis
All documentation required by the importing country must be completed and approved before the milk can be loaded into the aircraft.
The product is shipped to China and checked by Customs and by China Quarantine and Inspection Services (CIQ) on arrival. CIQ check all import documentation to confirm that requirements have been met, and may test the product again prior to releasing it into the country.
Once cleared, the product is sent to the distribution chilled warehouse.
The products arrive at the chilled warehouse, where they are managed using coding and traceability systems.
No product leaves the warehouse until it receives a final quality check.
• Product is loaded into delivery trucks and distributed to individual shops, supermarkets and other customers.
• Retailers ensure that the product is fresh by keeping the milk chilled, using good stock rotation, and checking best before dates before selling product to consumers.
• The AQ Assured™ or inSight brand and QR code are available for consumers to scan in order to be sure of the safety and quality measures undertaken throughout the product supply chain.
The farms where the milk is sourced from are obligated to comply with the environmental regulations prescribed by New Zealand's Regional Councils.
Theland Fresh Milk is produced in compliance with New Zealand's Resource Management Act (2009), and local council Resource Management Plans, which set out rules and regulations around management of the New Zealand environment.
These rules include:
• Disposing of waste in ways that prevent pollution
• Controlling manufacturing emissions to ensure air quality is maintained
• Using only approved chemicals in a way that will not harm the environment
• Operating within a safe distance of waterways to avoid erosion and protect water quality
• Nutrient management
All milk suppliers for Theland products are obligated to meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare Standards .The standards require animals to be allowed the following five freedoms;
Laboratory Tested for Safety & Quality Theland Fresh Pasteurised Milk products are laboratory tested for safety throughout the production process at independent and accredited laboratories.
Testing is undertaken at each step from raw milk collection, during processing, and again upon completion of the final product.
This testing regime also ensures the final products meet the nutritional descriptions on their label. Samples are tested for bacteria or other contaminants, including antibiotics.
New Zealand has Acts and Regulations to ensure all dairy products produced are safe for consumers and that manufacturers use fair and sustainable practices. All dairy products must comply with the Animal Products Act, 1999 and all milk suppliers must meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare standards.
These regulations include:
• No hormones or growth promotants are permitted
• All food safety hazards must be controlled using Codex based Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles
• All chemicals used on a manufacturing site must be approved by the New Zealand Government’s Ministry for Primary Industries
• Hygiene standards for facilities, equipment and people must be met
• That all producers, manufacturers, transporters, packing and storage facilities operate a Risk Management Programme
Theland Fresh Pasteurised Milk meets the market access requirements of the countries to which it exports.
Milk processing factory environment, processes and records are routinely audited in order to uphold their Risk Management Programme (RMP) and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP).
There are also unannounced regulatory audits conducted randomly to ensure compliance.
The 100% raw milk sourced from New Zealand is standardised according to CODEX regulations.
Theland Fresh Pasteurised Milk contains no colouring agents, sweeteners, thickening agents, gelatine, or preservatives.
There are no antibiotics, pesticides, chemicals or heavy metals involved in the production of this milk.
Product testing at an independent accredited laboratory confirms compliance.
This product contains 100% natural protein. Protein is important for the growth and repair of the body’s cells and for building muscle.
This product contains 100% natural milk calcium. Calcium plays an essential role in the development of healthy bones and teeth.