Address: 1 Yashili Drive, Pokeno 2471,
PO Box 236, Pokeno 2440,
Yashily infant formula is made and packaged in Pokeno, New Zealand from local and imported ingredients.
Pokeno is a small town based in the Waikato region, home to Yashili New Zealand’s manufacturing plant. The town’s geographical location is in close proximity to major milk supply in the region and transportation links for export via Port of Tauranga.
Yashili New Zealand’s production activities include raw milk reception, formulation mixing, drying and packaging into final products.
Raw ingredients for the production of the infant formula are blended and packed onsite prior to distribution.
Safety & Quality
Made under New Zealand Government Regulations
New Zealand has Acts and Regulations in place to ensure all dairy products produced are safe for consumers and that manufacturers use fair and sustainable practices. All dairy products must comply with the Animal Products Act, 1999 and all milk suppliers must meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare standards.
These regulations include:
- No hormones or growth promotants are permitted
- All food safety hazards must be controlled using Codex based HACCP principles
- All chemicals used on a manufacturing site must be approved by the Ministry for Primary Industries
- Hygiene standards for facilities, equipment and people must be met
All companies involved in the production, manufacture, transport, packaging and/or storage of dairy products must comply with the requirements of the Animal Products Act, 1999. This Act requires that all producers, manufacturers, transporters, packing and storage facilities operate a Risk Management Programme.
Laboratory Tested For Safety
Yashily Infant Formula is tested throughout the production process. Regular laboratory testing is carried out at each step in the process from raw milk collection, during the drying and blending process, and again finally upon completion of the final product. Tests include: harmful bacteria, other contaminants and antibiotics.
This testing regime also ensures all final products meet the nutritional descriptions on their label.
Yashily Infant Formula products are manufactured in Yashili New Zealand’s secure facilities within New Zealand. Individually numbered cans, data-matrix codes and batch/production dates are applied for traceability.
The product is packed in tamper-evident packaging.
Quality and Safety Procedures Audited
Official Verifiers recognised by New Zealand's Ministry for Primary Industries audit:
- Manufacturing Risk Management Programmes every three months to ensure standards are being met.
- Continuously audit the farmers, processors and packaging facilities to ensure that these standards are being maintained.
Yashili New Zealand is audited by state-owned AsureQuality Limited
Yashily Infant Formula products are produced in compliance with New Zealand's Resource Management Act (2009), and local council Resource Management Plans, which set out rules and regulations around management of the New Zealand environment.
These rules include:
- Disposing of waste in ways that prevent pollution
- Controlling manufacturing emissions to ensure air quality is maintained
- Using only approved chemicals in a way that will not harm the environment
- Operating within a safe distance of waterways to avoid erosion and protect water quality
The regulation and compliance monitoring of environmental concerns is under government-owned Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Social & Ethical
All milk suppliers for Yashily Infant Formula products meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare standard
The standard mandates the following as basic conditions all animals must be cared under;
- The provision of proper and sufficient food and water
- Be provided with adequate shelter
- Opportunity to display normal patterns of behaviour
- Physical handling in a manner which minimises the likelihood of unreasonable or unnecessary pain or distress
- Protection from, and rapid diagnosis of, any significant injury or disease
- Be transported via vehicles which are purpose-designed
Infant Nutrition Council and World Health Organisation (WHO) Compliance
Yashili New Zealand is a member of the Infant Nutrition Council of Australia and New Zealand. This means that they must abide by the Council's Code of Conduct, which states that members must act truthfully, professionally, ethically and be accountable. This includes adherence to the World Health Organisations' International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk Substitutes 1981.
inSightTM wish to remind consumers that breast-feeding is best. More information can be found on New Zealand Ministry of Health website.
This infant formula is milk protein based, with whey and skim milk powder as main ingredients. The formula is designed for babies 12 months and older.
In addition, minerals, vitamins amongst other nutrients are added to support the development of babies.
Vitamins: D, E, K, A, B, C
Minerals: calcium, phosphorus, iodine, sodium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron, magnesium, manganese, selenium
Protein source: whey, casein