New Zealand Made Made from 100% Raw Milk No Added Colours No Artificial Flavours No Preservatives No Added Sugar
This product is made in New Zealand.
Milk is sourced from free ranging pasture farmed cows (average of 2-3 cows per hectare) on farms situated throughout New Zealand.
The cows free range outside throughout the year and graze on fresh green grass.
In winter and poor weather conditions, supplementary feed may be provided to ensure the nutritional needs of the cows are meet.
Dairy farming practices in New Zealand varies depending on region and season, as climate factors influences grass nutrition and growth.
To ensure efficient use of farm land and continuous supply of pasture, fields are rotated regularly with cow herds being allocated to a specific paddock during each rotation. On average, over the entire dairy season approximately 1 hectare of land provides grass for every 2-3 cows. With farm rotation, at any given time the cow-to-field density will vary depending on local farming practices, seasonality, weather conditions and cow's natural inclination to form groups as a herd animal.
In New Zealand’s peak milking season (September to January) cows are milked twice a day, reducing to once a day in the lower season. During New Zealand’s winter months of June and July, milk is collected from selected farms only.
Select any part of the supply chain to view the activities and assurances at each step, from the farm, all the way to you.
• All milk supplying farms have a Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) audited Risk Management Programme (RMP) to ensure quality of milk is maintained.
• Health checks are regularly undertaken on cows and their milk.
• Any infected or unhealthy animals are separated from the herd and their milk is withheld until the animal is healthy.
• Water that comes into contact with the milking process is tested at an accredited laboratory to ensure safety and quality.
• Milk is tested for harmful bacteria, chemical residues and contaminants at a recognised laboratory.
• Milk is cooled immediately to 4-7 degrees Celsius and stored on the farm awaiting collection.
• All tankers have an automatic computer-controlled milk sampling system on board.
• Samples of milk are taken on arrival at the factory and tested before the tanker is emptied.
• Milk is not accepted by the dairy factory if the temperature, flavour or colour is not to the required specification.
• The milk processing plant is registered for a Risk Management Programme as required by the Animal Products Act 1999
• The factory is listed as a registered Exporter with the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
• Factory processes are regularly independently audited to ensure Risk Management Plan (RMP) requirements are being maintained.
• All product units are individually coded with the batch number, time, manufacturing date and expiry for traceability.
• The product is tested using both in-house (factory) and external laboratories throughout the process.
• Final product testing ensures compliance.
• Once all laboratory tests have been completed and passed, New Zealand’s Ministry for Primary Industries issues a health certificate, making it eligible for sale.
The transport company that makes this delivery must have a current New Zealand for Primary Industries (MPI) Risk Management Plan (RMP) before it can freight any dairy products, as per the Animal products Act, 1999
New Zealand and China have a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA) signed between the People’s Republic of China and New Zealand in 2008, the first free trade agreement that China has signed with any developed country.
The shipping company must ensure that the products are accompanied by all EAD (export accompanied documents) that is required by the importing country, including:
• A NZ-China FTA Certificate of Origin, which is designed to give Assurance to China Customs that the product is produced in New Zealand and complies with the FTA with China
• Customs documents
• Health Certificates (are issued by the NZ Ministry of Primary Industries, to ensure the product complies with both the NZ Food Regulations and Chinese Government Requirements)
• Certificates of Analysis (contain actual laboratory results from chemical, microbial and physical tests)
• Any other documentation required by the importing country must be completed and approved before it can be loaded on-board (this includes import permits and registration with the General Administration of the Peoples Republic of China for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine AQSIQ)
The product is shipped to China and checked by China Customs on arrival. China Customs check the import documentation to confirm all requirements have been met and may test the product again prior to releasing it into the country.
Once cleared the product is sent to the warehouse.
• The product arrives at the warehouse, where they are managed using barcoding and traceability systems.
• No product leaves the warehouse until it receives a final quality check.
• Product is packed onto delivery trucks and distributed to individual shops, supermarkets and other customers.
• Retailers ensure that the product is fresh by using good stock rotation practices and checking the expiry dates before selling the product.
The farms where the milk is sourced from comply with the environmental regulations prescribed by New Zealand's Regional Councils.
Theland Farm Whole Milk Powder is produced in compliance with New Zealand's Resource Management Act (2009), and local council Resource Management Plans, which set out rules and regulations around management of the New Zealand environment. These rules include:
• Disposing of waste in ways that prevent pollution
• Controlling manufacturing emissions to ensure air quality is maintained
• Using only approved chemicals in a way that will not harm the environment
• Operating within a safe distance of waterways to avoid erosion and protect water quality
• Nutrient management
All milk suppliers for Theland products meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare Standards.
The standards require animals to be allowed the following five freedoms:
This product has been produced in accordance with Halal principles. Whole milk powder sourced is Halal certified.
Theland whole milk powder products are laboratory tested for safety throughout the production process at independent and accredited laboratories. Testing is undertaken at each step from raw milk collection, during processing, and again upon completion of the final product.
This testing regime also ensures all final products meet the nutritional descriptions on their label.
Tests ensure no harmful bacteria or other contaminants, including antibiotics.
New Zealand has Acts and Regulations in place to ensure all dairy products produced are safe for consumers and that manufacturers use fair and sustainable practices. All dairy products must comply with the Animal Products Act, 1999 and all milk suppliers must meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare standards.
These regulations include:
• No hormones or growth promotants are permitted
• All food safety hazards must be controlled using Codex based Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles
• All chemicals used on a manufacturing site must be approved by the New Zealand Government’s Ministry for Primary Industries
• Hygiene standards for facilities, equipment and people must be met
• That all producers, manufacturers, transporters, packing and storage facilities operate a Risk Management Programme
• Theland whole milk powder meets the market access requirements of the countries to which it exports.
The factory environment where this product is made, processes and records are routinely audited in order to uphold their Risk Management Programme (RMP), Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practises (GMP), Halal certifications.
There are also unannounced customer and Ministry for Primary Industries audits conducted randomly to ensure compliance.
The 100% raw milk sourced from New Zealand is standardised according to CODEX regulations.
Theland Farm Milk Powder contains no added colouring agents, sweeteners, thickening agents, gelatine, or preservatives.
There are no antibiotics, pesticides, chemicals or harmful heavy metals involved in the production of this milk.
Product testing at an independent accredited laboratory confirms compliance.
This product contains 100% natural protein. Protein is important for the growth and repair of the body’s cells and for building muscle.
This product contains 100% natural milk calcium and additional Vitamin A and D. Calcium plays an essential role in the development of healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin D enhances absorption of calcium for strong healthy bones.
Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant that helps maintain integrity of skin and mucus membranes. It is essential for healthy eye-sight and helps prevent macular degeneration of the retina in the elderly population.