New Zealand Made Made from 100% Raw Milk No Added Colours No Artificial Flavours No Preservatives No Added Sugar
The raw milk used to produce Theland Farm Fresh Milk Powder comes from farms within an 85km radius of the factory, located within the Taupo region of New Zealand. On average, these farms can be reached within one hour from the factory.
The Taupo region is home to Lake Taupo, the largest lake in New Zealand. The Waikato River, the longest river in New Zealand, runs through this farming region also.
The electricity and steam required for the factory to produce Theland Farm Fresh Milk Powder comes from the nearby Maori-owned geothermal power station.
The factory uses direct steam injection drying technology to retain the taste profile of the fresh milk.
Milk is only sourced from cows in New Zealand.
The cows roam freely outside on the paddocks through the year.
They graze on fresh pasture. To ensure that their nutritional needs are met, the cows are provided with supplementary feed during winter and poor weather conditions.
Dairy farming practices in New Zealand varies depending on region and season, as climate factors influences grass nutrition and growth.
To ensure efficient use of farmland and continuous supply of pasture, fields are rotated regularly with cow herds being allocated to a specific paddock during each rotation.
In New Zealand, over the entire dairy season there is on average approximately 1 hectare of farmland for every 2-3 cows. With farm rotation, at any given time the cow-to-field density will vary depending on local farming practices, seasonality, weather conditions and cow's natural inclination to form groups as a herd animal.
Milking season in New Zealand begins in August and runs through to the end of May.
During peak season cow's are milked twice per day (September to January) and reduces to once per day for the remainder of the season.
There are selected farms where winter milk is collected.
Select any part of the supply chain to view the activities and assurances at each step, from the farm to the glass.
• All milk supplying farms have a Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) audited Risk Management Programme (RMP) to ensure quality of milk is maintained.
• Health checks are regularly undertaken on cows and their milk.
• Any infected or unhealthy animals are separated from the herd and their milk is withheld until the animal is healthy.
• Water that comes into contact with the milking process is tested at an accredited laboratory to ensure safety and quality.
• Milk is tested for harmful bacteria, chemical residues and contaminants at a recognised laboratory.
• Milk is cooled immediately to 4-7 degrees Celsius and stored on the farm awaiting collection.
• Milk is collected from farms within an 85km radius of the factory using refrigerated tankers
• All tankers have an automatic computer-controlled milk sampling system on board.
• Samples of milk are taken on arrival at the factory and tested before the tanker is emptied.
• Milk is not accepted by the dairy factory if the temperature, flavour or colour is not to the required specification.
• Milk used in Theland’s Farm Fresh products are kept separate in the factory with traceable records to ensure that they meet the 1 Hour Eco-Sphere.
• The milk processing plant is registered for a Risk Management Programme as required by the Animal Products Act 1999
• The factory is listed as a registered Exporter with the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
• Factory processes are regularly independtly audited to ensure Risk Management Plan (RMP) requirements are being maintained.
• All product units are individually coded with the batch number, time, manufacturing date and expiry for traceability.
• The product is tested using both in-house (factory) and external laboratories throughout the process.
• Final product testing ensures compliance.
• Once all laboratory tests have been completed and passed, New Zealand’s Ministry for Primary Industries issues a health certificate, making it eligible for sale.
The transport company that makes this delivery must have a current New Zealand for Primary Industries (MPI) Risk Management Plan (RMP) before it can freight any dairy products, as per the Animal products Act, 1999
New Zealand and China have a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA) signed between the People’s Republic of China and New Zealand in 2008, the first free trade agreement that China has signed with any developed country.
The shipping company must ensure that the products are accompanied by all EAD (export accompanied documents) that is required by the importing country, including:
• A NZ-China FTA Certificate of Origin, which is designed to give Assurance to China Customs that the product is produced in New Zealand and complies with the FTA with China.
• Customs documents
• Health Certificates (are issued by the NZ Ministry of Primary Industries, to ensure the product complies with both the NZ Food Regulations and Chinese Government Requirements)
• Certificates of Analysis (contain actual laboratory results from chemical, microbial and physical tests)
• Any other documentation required by the importing country must be completed and approved before it can be loaded on-board (this includes import permits and registration with the General Administration of the Peoples Republic of China for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine AQSIQ)
The product is shipped to China and checked by China Customs on arrival. China Customs check the import documentation to confirm all requirements have been met and may test the product again prior to releasing it into the country.
Once cleared the product is sent to the warehouse.
• The product arrives at the warehouse, where they are managed using barcoding and traceability systems.
• No product leaves the warehouse until it receives a final quality check.
• Product is packed onto delivery trucks and distributed to individual shops, supermarkets and other customers.
• Retailers ensure that the product is fresh by using good stock rotation practices and checking the expiry dates before selling the product.
The farms where the milk is sourced from comply with the environmental regulations prescribed by New Zealand's Regional Councils.
Theland Farm Fresh Whole Milk Powder is produced in compliance with New Zealand's Resource Management Act (2009), and local council Resource Management Plans, which set out rules and regulations around management of the New Zealand environment.
These rules include:
All milk suppliers for Theland Farm products meet the New Zealand Animal Welfare Standards.
The standards require animals to be allowed the following five freedoms:
Theland Farm Fresh Milk Powder products are laboratory tested for safety throughout the production process at independent and accredited laboratories.
Testing is undertaken at each step from raw milk collection, during processing, and again upon completion of the final product.
This testing regime also ensures all final products meet the nutritional descriptions on their label.
Tests ensure no harmful bacteria or other contaminants, including antibiotics.
New Zealand has Acts and Regulations to ensure all dairy products produced are safe for consumers and that manufacturers use fair and sustainable practices.
These regulations include:
Theland Farm Fresh Milk Powder meets the market access requirements of the countries to which it exports.
The factory environment where this product is made, processes and records are routinely audited in order to uphold their Risk Management Programme (RMP), Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practises (GMP), Halal certifications.
There are also unannounced customer and Ministry for Primary Industries audits conducted randomly to ensure compliance.
The 100% raw milk sourced from New Zealand is standardised according to CODEX regulations.
Theland Farm Fresh Milk Powder contains no added colouring agents, sweeteners, thickening agents, gelatine, or preservatives.
There are no antibiotics, pesticides, chemicals or harmful heavy metals involved in the production of this milk.
Product testing at an independent accredited laboratory confirms compliance.
This product contains 100% natural protein. Protein is important for the growth and repair of the body’s cells and for building muscle.
This product contains 100% natural milk calcium and additional Vitamin A and D.
Calcium plays an essential role in the development of healthy bones and teeth.
Vitamin D enhances absorption of calcium for strong healthy bones.
Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant that helps maintain integrity of skin and mucus membranes. It is essential for healthy eye-sight and helps prevent macular degeneration of the retina in the elderly population.